Lash 101: Kickstart with Classic
Our kits for this course are currently on backorder and will be shipped out in 1-2 weeks.
Get started in lashing with single lash extension application, a.k.a. classic extensions! In LASH 101, you’ll learn lashing fundamentals through video-based lessons, homework, and discussions with your peers. During a live virtual class, you’ll complete a full classic set alongside fellow students and a Borboleta Educator. Add our live Get Comfy with Classic tutoring session to your model day to solidify all the lashing fundamentals and get you extra prepped for your model. With full certification, a 1:1 mentorship call, a bubbling alumni lash fam and product discounts, you’ll be feeling ready to launch your lash career.
Below are available times for our Live "Zoom Room" Theory Classes. You will be able to schedule this class once you purchase/enroll in the course and have access to our online campus.
Who is Lash 101 For?
- Beginners who want to break into the lash industry
- Artists looking to offer a new service for their clients
- Anyone craving community support
*Esthetics or cosmetology license are required in most states
What you’ll learn
Anatomy of the Eye
Safety and Sanitation
Infections, Allergies & Irritations of the Eye
Classic Lashing Weight Chart
Lash Extension Removal
The Basics of a Lash Business
What you’ll need
A computer, tablet, or mobile phone
(someone to practice lashing on)
(included in the price)
- Do I need to be a licensed cosmetologist or esthetician to take the training? Yes. Before registering for any Borboleta training course it is your responsibility to know and abide by the laws of your state regarding eyelash extensions. We recommend that you check with the Department Of Professional Licensing in your state to know what is required of you prior to signing up for the course. Those living in states where a Cosmetology or Esthetics license is required to do eyelash extensions will be required to show proof of their license when registering for any course.
- If I Am Currently Enrolled In Cosmo/Esthetics School Can I Take The Training? Yes, proof of enrollment will be required at registration. Please have the Admissions department of your school email proof of enrollment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do I have to purchase a kit with my course? A kit is included in the cost of your course and has everything you need to complete your course and take models.
- How many clients does the Lash 101 Kit service? Your kit will service 10-15 clients in total.
- Can I use a mannequin instead of a model for the live model day? No. In order to be Borboleta certified, you’ll need to perform the classic service on a live model.
- How do I reschedule a session? You can reschedule a course/session within 14 days of your class date from the link included in your confirmation email. If you have any questions or need help rescheduling, please email us at email@example.com with the subject line “Class Reschedule” and we will be happy to assist you.